Hosting a dinner party, whether its 4 people or 40 people, is never an easy task. When it comes to the meal, keep it simple! This protein packed quinoa dish is great for a dinner party or everyday meal because when made in bulk, it makes a lot of servings (perfect for a large party or leftovers for the week!)
Adding garbazno beans and black beans increases the protein and fiber content of this dish which helps keep you full. Feel free to add in any vegetables of choice to increase the nutritional value of this dish! I chose onion, heirloom tomatoes and sugar snap peas. Spinach, kale or other leafy greens is also a great addition. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
- 1 cup dry quinoa + 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil then simmer and cover for about 15 minutes (or until all water is absorbed).
2. While quinoa is cooking, sauté onion in 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, snap peas and any other vegetables of choice to the pan and stir fry for about 10 minutes.
4. Add beans to the vegetable mixture along with 2 tbsp. water and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes or until beans are thoroughly heated.
5. Add all seasonings and juice of 1 lime to quinoa and combine with vegetable and bean mixture.