Garbanzo Beans are a great source of fiber, iron and protein and are most popularly known in the form of hummus. Hummus is very easy to make and is a great dip with vegetables, whole grain crackers or on salads. Here is my easy how to make cilantro garlic hummus:
Cilantro Garlic Hummus
- One 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup fresh organic cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. water
- Mince garlic and put in food processor along with juice of 1 lemon or lime, 2 tbsp. olive oil, garbanzo beans, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Pulse until relatively smooth.
- Add cumin, water and additional 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Pulse until creamy and place in a container
Enjoy with celery, carrots, or any vegetable of choice for a healthy snack!